Sunday, December 26, 2010

whose woods these are I think I know


One of the funniest things about the south is the way people react to snow. School is cancelled, people freak out and a "winter storm warning" goes into effect. And when I say snow I mean about 1-2 inches. Maybe it's because I am Canadian and in Canada 1-2 feet is considered an average winter day. It snows from November to April and nobody thinks twice. Anyhow, I am so happy that it snowed here, especially for Christmas! Plus, it gave me a chance to wear my new coat which seems made for a snowy day.

Coat: vintage 70s via Etsy, Dress: thrift store, Boots: U.O




Even Duffy liked the snow!


I love winter. It is cold, it is bleak, but it makes me feel like I am home.

And here is my favourite winter poem:

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Jack Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matchless Vision said...

I love winter too but only until February, and then I am ready for spring. I think its funny too when people down south get any sort of snow at all and cancel everything. Snow is fairly normal for Wisconsin as well. Lovely coat...I bet it makes the winters more bearable.

March 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww Sheltie!!! I have one too!
Love the coat a lot. It's beautiful.

March 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Mugdha said...

That coat is very Santa-esque (in a good way, of course)! It looks warm and snuggly. :)

March 6, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home